What Is Ashwagandha?
Ashwagandha, also known as Winter Cherry or Indian Ginseng is made from the root of the Rennet (withania somifera) plant. Ashwagandha can be traced back almost 3000 years, and was used as a traditional indian medicine, promoting physical and mental health.
Organic Ashwagandha, or Withania somnifera, is most commonly sourced from India, and the drier regions of India, such as the Mandsaur District and Madhya Pradesh. Our Organic Ashwagandha Capsules contains a number of important nutritional components including fatty acids, amino acids and a variety of sugars, and has a reputation for boosting the body’s supply of antioxidants, whilst maintaining a healthy immune system.
Our Organic Ashwagandha Powder is sourced from India. After harvest, the roots are selected for the best quality. It is important that the root is harvested and processed at the right time or potency can be lost. The ideal time to harvest the root is at 6-7 months old. The roots are washed, crushed, air-dried and then milled into a fine powder. Processing temperatures do not exceed 45°C during production, therefore the product remains raw.
Widely used as a traditional medicine in the Ayurvedic practice, the root has a light tan colour and a slightly nutty fragrance. The product has also been traditionally known to assist in fighting inflammation, arthritis, hyper-tension and even to alleviate stress and fatigue.
- A good source of Fibre, known to improve digestive health.
- Reputed to boost the body’s supply of antioxidants.
- High in Withanolides.
- Contains essential vitamins and minerals.
- Raw products are processed at temperatures that never exceed 45°C.
- Packed with vitamins and minerals, these are considered to retain heat-sensitive nutrients more effectively than products subject to higher temperatures during production.
- Helps you sleep better.
- Helps reduce weight.
- Increases energy level.
- Helps in managing stress.
- Boost immunity.